Sunday, October 11, 2009

Elect Flyer


“ELECT”

LAUGHTON

WARD 3 CITY COUNCIL

“LACONIA”

PAID FOR BY LISA LAUGHTON FISCAL AGENT

My name is Barry “Stacie” Laughton. I am running for the city council seat in ward 3 in Laconia. I have been a long time resident. I'm honored and thankful for the opportunity to serve the community that I love. I am a small business owner with our office in Laconia, and our store in Gilford NH. I live on Messer Street with my wife Lisa Laughton, with our 2 cats Ted and Homer, my companion, and service dog Winston. Let me tell you my views, let me first say that while I have a strong understanding of the city of Laconia, I have never been elected to any office, this means I will bring a fresh perspective and lots of energy to the table, I will be an open and honest city councilor, and I will be a financially conservitive council member, and I will try to reduce wasteful spending. I will have a strong focus on the less fortunate and the homeless in our community. In doing so, I will push for reform in our city welfare department. I also believe that Laconia is at a serious economic crossroads with jobs being lost and businesses moving out of the downtown area. We can not let this happen any longer and we must find a way to bring businesses back, and promote why Laconia is a great place to live and do business.

More information about me

I come to Laconia by way of Nashua and I have lived here since 2003. When I was in Nashua I attended Nashua Senior High School and graduated in the class of 2002. When in high school I was a member of the student council and the NH association of student councils. After high school I participated in a wide range of political campaigns, including 2 NH Governors and 2 presidential campaigns, after which I moved to Laconia. I started volunteering for a wide range of nonprofit agencies that support children and families. In early 2005 I began college at the La cordon Bleu school for culinary arts and at the same time I was running for the first time for city council in Laconia. My educational background includes a High School Diploma, a certificate in flower art, and a certificate in Japanese flower art. I have experience in in retail management, customer sales, and service experience. As mentioned above I am a small business owner. I believe if elected I am capable and qualified for this position and the people of Laconia can count on me to do my very best in keeping this city on the right track.

Thank you

Barry ” Stacie “ Laughton

Please remember to cast your vote on November 3, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment